Dr. Derek Pelofsky is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner in which he has been practicing since 2005. He has treated many athletes from various sports, but specializes in the prevention of injury by early detection of faulty biomechanics which then results in increased performance. Dr. Derek prides himself on constantly staying up to date with the latest techniques to help decrease pain and enhance overall performance.
Chiropractic Evaluation may include:
-Digital gait (walking) analysis
-Digital Postural Screen
-Functional Movement Screen(FMS)-used by the NFL
The Treatment techniques and/or modalities:
1. Chiropractic Adjustments to the spine or extremities
2. Active Release Technique(ART) – specialized soft tissue system to help treat muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and fascia.
3. Qua-Sha or Graston Technique – tool assisted soft tissue system
4. Percussive Therapy
5. H-wave Therapy – Unique electrotherapeutic device to aid in functional restoration and pain control.
6. Kinesiotape – Functionally designed tape which gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation or range of motion.
Prime Performance Therapeutic Massage is designed to release painful trigger points and myofascial adhesions. Deep tissue technique is able to relieve any detected pain while decreasing stress and body tension.
Prime Performance is based downtown specializing in Modern Wellness. In addition to Trojan CrossFit, their other office is located in the WaterMarke Tower at 705 W. 9th St., Suite 701.
Along with chiropractic care they also offer:
-Medical Doctor Services
-Clinical Nutrition for weight management
To schedule a free consultation at either location, please call 213-415-1990 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.